Bringing Baby Home
Our Bringing Baby Home class is a hands-on parenting class for expectant parents including
- How to decide what items to purchase for life with baby
- Basic baby care including bathing, swaddling
- The difference between cloth and disposable diapers and diaper service
- Benefits of babywearing and the opportunity to try different baby carriers
- Breastfeeding, Infant Feeding and introducing solids
- What you need to know when purchasing a car seat for your baby
- Learn how to properly and safely install your car seat
- How to properly restrain newborns in car seats
- How to deal with choking
- Babyproofing: how to make your home safer for your baby
- Learn the most common cause of injuries and how they can be prevented
- Where to purchase home safety products
Cost of class is $175 (CAD) (per couple).
*A couple is defined as a pregnant person and one support person which could be a spouse, partner, friend or family member.
The BBH class runs two full days on the weekend from 9-4pm.
Refund Policy: When cancelling a prenatal class after it has been booked there is a $25 (CAD) administration fee. If the cancellation occurs less than 14 days before the class there is a 50% cancellation fee. If it is less than 7 days there is no refund. Request for date changes within 7 days of class will reflect a $75 fee. Please keep this in mind when booking classes and plan to be finished your session by 35 weeks.
People who took our online class during COVID-19 had this to say:
Learning about travel, answering questions related to Covid 19, having her demonstrate baby carriers (I was about to give up on mine before this) and just all of the support for caring for a newborn that we would have otherwise not known.
Discussions and candid disclosure of information about various topics
Before Covid-19, we both had very busy schedules and it was easier for us to sign up for one single day. We’ve also been reading a lot of books in preparation so we felt that a one day session would be ok. It definitely exceeding our expectations. I think my partner is much more ready for when I’m in labour as am I!
She was fantastic ! Made the class fun to attend !
Erin is amazing at her job, she made the class easy to listen and follow. Her energy brought the class to life, as it was filled with tons of information. It says a lot that it held my husbands full attention throughout ! Great class , great instructor!
My partner and I were both really happy with how easy Zoom was to use. Brandie made it feel like we were really in class!
Easy going, could speak up and ask questions without feeling judged.
This class was great! She was so well prepared and had wonderful images and props and ways of explaining things that made learning about giving birth very accessible.
Great use of zoom. Thank you.
Great class despite changed format
The time that she took at the end to have a group chat and ask us all to check in. I would highly recommend that she do this with classes in the future. Ask questions and have the group check in. It was really nice to get the feedback and feelings of others in the class.
Again thanks for all the work you've done to make the class accessible during this time and to update all the resources.
- There are no classes to display for these filters. Try selecting different filters or use the reset filters button.